xen-community

[Xen-community] Xen / XEN Domain0 memory question

To: <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-community] Xen / XEN Domain0 memory question
From: Yan Lam <yanlam_78@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 05:17:00 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:10:04 -0700
Sender: xen-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Everyone,

I compiled Xen 3.2.1 with the kernel source of 2.6.18.8-xen on a Centos 5.1 distribution.  I noticed that Domain0 only recognized 3GB of memory.  I have a Intel Core 2 Duo machine with 4 GB of memory.  The kernel is running in 64-bit.  I'm new to Xen; so, I 'm not sure this is normal or not.  If boot into the standard Centos kernel, it sees 4 GB of memory.  Did I missed something on compiling Xen with Domain0?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yan

Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More