xen-cim

[Xen-cim] My status and plans

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] My status and plans
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:31:40 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:33:10 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since we did not have the call this week, I wanted to send an update on where I am.

After posting the extrinsics basis patch on Monday I have been working on improving the rest of the functionality.  Here is what I have

   Sanity test:
        create VM
        activate it
        getinstance(new_vm)
        enuminstances
        getinstance(new_vm) // Make sure enuminstances did not break anything
        attachNetworkPort
        getinstance(new_vm) // Make sure attachNetworkPort did not break anything

   State Change test:
        activate
        quiesce
        re-activate
        restart/reboot  // How do I know this actually took place?  The end state is an active vm
        off-line
        re-activate

As things stand now, the sanity test is followed by the state change test, which is followed by the intrinsics tests.  Finally, the vm is shutdown and destroyed.

As of today, RemoveResourceSetting is broken, correct?  What about modifyInstnace?

I am also looking into the following items: hvm testing, multiple vm's, attach-block-device, and possibly negative tests (like giving a known bad config and checking for the error during create).

Thoughts on any of the above items?

Luke