xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Building a ramdisk

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] Building a ramdisk
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:32:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:30:29 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am in the midst of trying to create a ramdisk from source in our testing environment.  I basically stole the create ramdisk part of xm test, copied it into the test directory, and trimmed the unnecessary fat.  It seems to be working.  The upside is that all the hard work is done for us and we just come for the finished product.  The downside is that this takes about 25 minutes on my 4x system.  If this is acceptable to everyone I will keep hacking away until I get a respectable looking patch.  If not, I welcome alternate suggestions.

While I'm working on the ramdisk stuff I will start putting together a more or less detailed testing document based on xm test.  We can talk about it online or on the call.  Does that sound reasonable?

Luke