xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] metrics

To: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] metrics
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:40:41 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:43:10 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Szymanski, Lukasz K wrote:

> Jim -
>
> The reason I was getting the "Provider not found in root/cimv2" error
> was because I changed from cimv2.12 to cim2.14.  The sblim-gather
> package requires CIM Schema Version 2.7 or higher so I just applied
> 2.14 from DMTF (BTW, this is confusing - is it 2.8 or 2.14?)  You
> asked about what metrics are available and I saw (from my
> recollection) what the IBM paper advertized
> _http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-cim/2006-12/msg00034.html_
> (see the attachment towards the bottom of the posting).
>
> BTW, there is some funnyness with installing the sblim-cmpi-base and
> the sblim-gather packages.  When I initially tried to install the
> newer base package (from sourceforge) I could not complete the
> postinstall because there was no CIM_Base in root/cimv2.  I installed
> the old version of the base package (from SLES) and then uninstalled
> it.  Only after that little dance was I able to use the newer
> packages.  I have not investigated this further, but I can if it makes
> sense at this point - or I can start looking at indication stuff.
>
> Jim, please post the links for the latest yawn and schema stuff when
> you get the chance.

pywbem is here

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133883

and yawn here

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=174470&package_id=214921&release_id=470830

I'll send you the latest cim-schema rpm for SLES10 SP1 off list.

Jim