xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] CIM realization in SuSE 10.2

To: Anant Nigam <anigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] CIM realization in SuSE 10.2
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestorga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:21:16 +1200
Cc: xen-cim <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:21:10 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Like windows does linux also support CIM.

Absolutely. Indeed, Linux implementations of CIM use more open standard protocols (than WMI) so they are arguably easier to manage remotely via CIM from other platforms/operating system. However, MS certainly has a more complete suite of CIM instrumentation for managing the host hardware and Windows OS than Linux does today.

>Is there a CIM realization in SuSE.

Yes. SLES includes the OpenWBEM CIMOM and some CIM instrumentation.

>Can i access to the hardware using CIM in SuSE.

Yes. There is some level of hardware support in the SBLIM cmpi-base providers shipped with SUSE, and some more in the Novell/SuSE OMC project (but not sure if these are shipped in base SLES yet). See http://sourceforge.net/projects/sblim, http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/OMC

- Gareth

Dr. Gareth S. Bestor
IBM Linux Technology Center
M/S DES2-01
15300 SW Koll Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006
503-578-3186, T/L 775-3186, Fax 503-578-3186

Inactive hide details for Anant Nigam <anigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>Anant Nigam <anigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>

          Anant Nigam <anigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          01/11/07 04:13 AM

xen-cim <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[Xen-cim] CIM realization in SuSE 10.2

Hi
Like windows does linux also support CIM.
Is there a CIM realization in SuSE. Can i access to the hardware using
CIM in SuSE.
Thanks