xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Question about disks

To: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Question about disks
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:11:57 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:15:54 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subrahmanian, Raj wrote:
Jim,
Did you mention in a call that you were having trouble with disks when
you were tyring to create a VM with CIM?

I committed a fix for enumerating Xen_Disk instances. I also fixed an issue with defining multiple disks on a DefineVirtualSystem operation.

Note that Xen_Disks only appear when the VM is not halted. A similar pattern will need to be applied to other CIM_LogicalDevices (network port, processor, etc.) that currently show up when VM is halted. I fixed these for the MDC demo but need to port the fixes to Xen API implementation.

Jim