xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Allocation Capabilities struct

To: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Allocation Capabilities struct
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:50:32 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:54:19 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Szymanski, Lukasz K wrote:

I am trying to determine the proper way of resolving what goes into the RESOURCE and RESOURCES structs for the allocation capabilities stuff. I do not believe Xen needs to be accessed in any way, so a counter like currentCapabilityNum should be the only member of this struct. The RESROUCE structure should be something like this:

typedef struct {
   char instanceid[1024];
   int ResourceType;
   int RequestTypesSupported;
   int SharingMode;
} _RESOURCE;

Please let me know if this is on the right track.

Luke

We may need to access Xen since instanceid will probably need to contain the system name or resource UUID or something.

As far as the RESOURCE structure goes, we should use 'char *instanceid' instead of statically sized char array. This will lower the mem footprint and eliminate potential instanceid's that are larger than the array. The latter is probably not an issue given typical instanceid will be < 100 bytes.

We can talk more about this and your proposed MOFs on tomorrow's call. I need to spend some time tonight refreshing my memory on the Allocation Capabilities profile.

Jim