xen-cim

[Xen-cim] re: XenCIM

To: Daniel Miles <daniel.t.miles@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] re: XenCIM
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:07:30 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:07:53 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:36:29 -0600
From: Daniel Miles <daniel.t.miles@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] XenCim
To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In the wiki under "Ongoing Projects" there is an entry:
XenCim - LGPL'ed open source implementation of a DMTF CIM provider for
Xen.

It contains a stub that reads "Describe XenCim here."

Is anybody working on this? Does anybody have a contact they could give
me to get in tough with someone on this project?

Hi Daniel, just saw your xen-devel note... Yes, our Xen CIM wiki is pretty anemic right now - sorry. However, we have a pretty active group working on CIM providers for Xen - more precisely an Open Source implementation of the System Virtualization Model that is currently going on in the DMTF - and in many ways our stuff has been driving Ewan's new xend API. We'll be giving a presentation at the Xen Summit next week, and as soon as I tidy up our slides a bit more I'll update the wiki with a lot of the info, and do a better job of using the XenSource wiki as a focal point for our work in the furture. Right now we have a mailing list and weekly call, so feel free to subscribe and callin if you are interested.

Feel free to ping me, or xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you have any questions.

- Gareth

Dr. Gareth S. Bestor
IBM Linux Technology Center
M/S DES2-01
15300 SW Koll Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006
503-578-3186, T/L 775-3186, Fax 503-578-3186