xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] libvirt/openwbem changes committed

To: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] libvirt/openwbem changes committed
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:52:07 -0400
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:52:20 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:45:59PM -0400, Subrahmanian, Raj wrote:
> - libxml vs libxml2. When I tried installing libxml-devel on my machine,
> yast said that I should use libxml2 instead. But the Makefile does not
> look for the headers in the right place in case libxml2 is installed. I
> added /usr/include/libxml2 to the include path to get past that.

  libxml2 includes should be in $prefix/include/libxml2/libxml/*.h
code source should use #include <libxml/*.h>
Makefiles/configure should use the output of xml2-config --cflags
and xml2-config --libs to gather compilation options and potential
extra libraries.
  Actually libvirt should do all of that transparently unless you're
attacking libxml2 directly,

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/