# HG changeset patch
# User Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
# Date 1312983814 -3600
# Node ID 1f08b380d4386cdd6714786a9163e5f51aecab5d
# Parent ae10d7804168c185166277bcef3b18ffc9227b66
hvmloader: relicense hvmloader xenbus implementation under more
This code is a great example of a simple xenbus implementation and we
would like to reuse it in projects with non-GPLv2 license
(specifically in this case SeaBIOS which is GPLv3).
I picked the license from extras/mini-os/COPYING (A two clause BSD
style license) since mini-os exists for much the same purpose.
Signed-off-by: Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
diff -r ae10d7804168 -r 1f08b380d438 tools/firmware/hvmloader/xenbus.c
--- a/tools/firmware/hvmloader/xenbus.c Tue Aug 09 18:06:43 2011 +0100
+++ b/tools/firmware/hvmloader/xenbus.c Wed Aug 10 14:43:34 2011 +0100
@@ -3,18 +3,26 @@
* Copyright (c) 2009 Tim Deegan, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.
- * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
- * under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License,
- * version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
+ * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
+ * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
+ * are met:
+ * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
+ * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
+ * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
+ * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
+ * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- * This program is distributed in the hope it will be useful, but WITHOUT
- * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
- * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for
- * more details.
- * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
- * this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple
- * Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
+ * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
+ * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
+ * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
+ * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
+ * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
+ * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
+ * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
+ * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
+ * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
+ * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
+ * SUCH DAMAGE.
Xen-changelog mailing list