xen-arm

Re: [XenARM] Which ARM architecture is plannet to be supported.

To: Jean-Christophe DUBOIS <jcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenARM] Which ARM architecture is plannet to be supported.
From: 서상범 <sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 02:02:02 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:02:20 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Xen ARM source code based on ARM v7 with multicore support has recently been
changed
so that CPU architecture independent code of x86 based Xen mainline will be
shared
I have a plan to support the future Cortex A15 virtualization extension.

On the other hand, I have released Xen ARM hypervisor source code since 2008,
which includes ARM v5, v6 and the para-virtualized ARM Linux kernel patch.
These source code can be found at the Xen ARM wiki of Xen.org.

Considering performance issues in terms of CPU overhead, context switching
overhead due to cache architecture and
CPU architecture such as multicore support issues,
I think that it is better for ARM v5 and v6 Xen ARM hypervisor source code to
not be merged with the Xen mainline.

I suggest to use the archieved Xen ARM hypervisor for ARM v5 and v6 at the Xen
ARM wiki.

Thank you,

Sang-bum

Sang-bum Suh, PhD