xen-arm

[XenARM] Question regarding the page type...

To: "xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenARM] Question regarding the page type...
From: ROSSIER Daniel <Daniel.Rossier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:12:55 +0200
Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 05:16:10 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Can anybody confirm the following:

The page type <count> field (which is used in the type_info structure to maintain the number of references on a physical page with a certain type) is "reset" to 0 during the granting operation. I saw that the count field is put to 1 (actually incremented by 1 when calling get_page_type()), and already during the setup of guest page table in construct_dom0() function.

I'm not using the granting mechanism right now, and I need to perform a put_page_type() right after the setup_pg_table() call. I just wanted to make sure to be on the right way.

Thanks for any input

Daniel