xen-arm

Re: [XenARM] [Patch] ARM Versatile PB support

To: Parth Patel <parthvpatel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenARM] [Patch] ARM Versatile PB support
From: "Jang, Minsung" <minsung@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:14:06 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:14:15 -0800
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, Parth,

What I use on qemu is
[minsung@acadia]$ qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 192 -s -pflash flash.img

As you probably know, arguments means
-M: selection of board
-m: emulated memory size
-s: enabling debugging support
-pflash: use flash image as booting device

flash.img is a NOR flash image file that contains the binaries of u-boot(bootloader), XenARM, and MiniOS.
You can make your own flash.img by 'dd' command in Linux.

As I mentioned before, since QEMU does not emulate flash memory properly in some boards, for example, Versatile PB,
you must apply patches from http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie. After patching, you can use '-pflash' option.

Thank you.
Minsung