xen-arm

RE: [XenARM] Is there any relationship between the xen-arm project and t

To: "sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx" <sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx>, steedhorse <steedhorse@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [XenARM] Is there any relationship between the xen-arm project and the embedded-xen project that can be seen on SourceForge?
From: ROSSIER Daniel <Daniel.Rossier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:18:04 +0200
Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
Cc: xen-arm <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:18:19 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Indeed, The embedded XEN project was started on beginning of last Year before
Samsung
released their code source publicly (originally was issued this mailing list).
However, the embedded XEN project remains an academic project which evolved
slowly, but
we started a more important and wide project within our Research Institute in
order to port
XEN on Intel PXA270 and i.MX31 from Freescale, following completely an open
source philosophy
(progress will be posted all the time on this mailing list, as soon as we go
back into the investigations).

In this context, for sure, we will examine and eventually (re-)use the results
from Samsung, possibly merging
things in the future, but the idea of EmbeddedXEN is also to have a virtualized
layer to hard realtime applications.
We are looking actually to take the Xenomai/ADEOS linux-enhanced kernel and
somehow to replace the pipeline ADEOS
architecture by a slightly modified hypervisor.

Keep in touch...

> There is not any collaboration between them.
> However, presumably a project of SourceForge is relied on results from
> the Xen-ARM project of XenSource.org.
>
> Sang-bum

Daniel