xen-arm

RE: [XenARM] initial bootstrap code

To: "George G. Davis" <gdavis@xxxxxxxxxx>, Damien Barthélémy <damien.ba@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [XenARM] initial bootstrap code
From: "ROSSIER Daniel" <Daniel.Rossier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:52:59 +0200
Cc: xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:53:47 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I definitively agree. The best would be to contact xensource for
an official repository. However, since Damien has not much time
remaining for his work, I would suggest to keep this way and to think
about a better way as soon as we are more advanced. We didn't want to
bother you either with uploading big files every two days ;-)

>> The final image is 4.4 ko big with a source code tree of 40 Mo.
>>
>> The plan is now to introduce virt functionalities in our code. One
>> possibility is to use some of the linux low level functionalities to
>avoid
>> reimplementing them in the xen code. Memory mapping is also a problem
>we
>> will spend time on the next weeks.
>
>It's nice to see you're making some progress getting the Xen ARM
>community
>port moving forward!  Hopefully we can spend some time collaborating on
>this...

Sure. Damien will investigate the IRQ virtualization mechanisms in XEN before
porting the low-leve memory manager initializations.

>> Damien

>--
>Regards,
>George