Re: [Xen-API] mm.c:807:d0 Error getting mfn be3a9 (pfn ffffffffffffffff)

To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] mm.c:807:d0 Error getting mfn be3a9 (pfn ffffffffffffffff) from L1 entry 80000000be3a9a25 for l1e_owner=0, pg_owner=6
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 18:23:18 +0400
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:23:39 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date :message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ozkl0Xp2SFdXXsdFI94qDCtgWj2SQ18MYOZXfKS/GlA=; b=YjY3mi0GgJf+51ZTD6faWJS4uLB1Oo+oEmdVVUSMrXu0NdGFamIqOFAQ1pvkkDGWz9 +2c7hWVpcr7MyoMEM4or8vz3PSZebJRXv3ALlP7lajinoqhcCKohk/8hh4ApDl5ZD0IF 9EsCRpQ5+zBaYndQxhkRDVDrsnozu+8foGeao=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, thanks for information.

But question is 'how we can kill this domain?'

Right now it simple testing machine, but once I have met this problem on
product server, so called 'deadbeaf-dead-beaf' problem:

xapi see stray (unkilled domain), change it uuid to deadbeef and reject
to join pool.

The main problem is migration problem: beause domains can not be killed
(usually if one domain got 'd' state other will be unkillable to) and
this prevents successful migration from host.

I'm still have no enough data to propose solution, but copying domain
data, unplugging all devices and putting it to paused state and
forgetting (instead destroying) may be sort of solution in this
situation.

Something like 'xe emergency-host-evacuate'....