Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or repo to use?
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:53:52 +0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2011 01:54:10 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references :content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; bh=aoUfX60Q5MpEiKXgxAiKDvz3WTZVwDDDkwqCVUq9eG8=; b=ePwyBZOzNVpMVkBCYzWZ5ZKeH7wzMAva5W3nYzT2MofaR9B6dKvrE9gXNAM2hEqh43 xBsjRaELFP55dHhkz9SB1MitAxQ1MyyWSC+1RiUO4eSRYoztq2zlHtvM6RpmX9Faf7ye BI/3xLUMPLfR5jbkImW3NZ9TFWMStjmnTLwow=
References: <4DBC0AC2.7010608@xxxxxxxxxx> <BANLkTikPTw5S6c=5G+5ufyGk3xEourS_6w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4DBCD010.2000102@xxxxxxxxxx> <20110501192648.GV32595@xxxxxxxxxxx> <BANLkTikw46iWePhhF6T5uUs2VpUOWdKKuA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1304426131.18845.87.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1304444464.3387.8.camel@Nokia-N900-42-11> <1304496311.26692.10.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2411474E-4CA4-4620-9585-688A5AE4E91E@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4DC182BB.2000203@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note, that XCP is opensourced Xen Server. It has been closed for
long long time and current opensoursization is still in progress.
XenSource/Citrix shipped it as binary ISO with "please don't change
anything" with disabled CentOS mirrors and separate update system.

It was much easy to maintain own single copy of all files than fights
with upstream for every change (and those fight was lost once when -xen
was removed from linux upstream).

Right now things changes, and steady upstreamization of xapi can be very
good (but hard) work.

Yes, I do really wants to have apt-get install xencloudplatform with
automatically resolved dependence to xapi, squeezed and so on/

But this is very very very long way.