Re: [Xen-API] Alternative to Vastsky?

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Alternative to Vastsky?
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 02:21:17 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:21:25 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to :subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=KbbMZZlhu068oqyI9lXAHpg6jH4eJt1mPmoTWEcOFRo=; b=Dew/ocG1nbwoTznxzcXXCz401oomh7mqNvkr6SyxMlDRWDd5OHdHmo3e6EHY/VTzbG aNbqjD6eHOw/OVKzk1hW8ZirizNOqqtKqqpk9EXw9A6qAs7p10mY/K5kBbvF8+T2OM7L O4O6gw/vT4faIL3TqeX7J1JMJFS+3AvPlr6F4=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think we shall split this to three different scenarios:

1) local storage redundancy of local storage within terms of single host (e.g. software RAID support, I think this require a little tweak of installer to create RAID1 instead plain /dev/sda installation) 2) local storage redundancy within pool with limited host replication (primary/primary DRBD between two XCP hosts, similar to current /opt/xensource/packages/iso shared ISO SR) 3) Supports for external storage supports replication and clustering and many other enterprise-level buzzwords.

Most interesting is third.

Right now I have plans to test iscsi over DRBD with muplipath to both iscsi initiators (never test this, but it may be interesting), alternative is corosync/pacemaker clustering for NFS/ISCSI + DRBD...