Re: [Xen-API] Host Down VDI Locked

To: Chris Percol <chris.percol@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Host Down VDI Locked
From: Rushikesh <rushikesh.jadhav@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:47:54 +0530
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 03:18:12 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Chris,

This is good if the environment is a test one and no one bother shutting down all VMs just to regain lost VM(s).
Another important information is missing in your steps is that one should have a "Virtual Machine Metadata" already backed up else it will loose his SR permanently.

XCP 1 rc 3 has solved this issue and Vms can safely boot up after a host failure.

Regards,
Rushikesh