RE: [Xen-API] squeezed control

To: 'George Shuklin' <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] squeezed control
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:07:03 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:07:23 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi George,

The squeezed documentation is here:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/squeezed?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=squeezed-0.3.pdf

> I have few questions:
>
> 1) Where protocol of squeezed described? (If separate document is not
> available, where in source code it defined?)

The only definition is the code. Have a look in

 Xen-api.hg/ocaml/xenops/squeezed_rpc.ml

> 2) Can I interact with squeezed on slave host without involving XenAPI
> calls to xapi on pool master? (I need to change values for VM memory
> within dynamic min-max values).

Yes-- squeezed is entirely self-sufficient on a host.

Cheers,
Dave