[Xen-API] [XCP] regarding SMAPI and storage migration

To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] [XCP] regarding SMAPI and storage migration
From: Tomoiaga Cristian <cristi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:52:09 +0200
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:54:34 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this has already been discussed.
Basically right now I can migrate a VM from one storage to another with just a
reboot + a few seconds, regardless of the VDI size. (I can give details if it's
necessary)
Everything is done in background and I would like to have some sort of VDI-copy
in SMAPI that will allow me to do whatever I want using api calls like
VDI-snapshot that allows me to actually create the snapshot a.s.o.
I would also like to know if there are any plans to allow a VDI switch while
that VDI is in use or at least to avoid a full reboot.
What I am trying to achieve is live migration of a VM from one storage to
another which shouldn't be that hard to do.

Best regards,
Tomoiaga Cristian