[Xen-API] XCP suspend and resume from SR problem

To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] XCP suspend and resume from SR problem
From: Tomoiaga Cristian <cristi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:19:29 +0200
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 07:19:12 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone,

I hit the wall here and I have given up on this issue that I have but maybe
someone can still show me something that I may have missed.
I created a SR for Nexenta and Solaris and I wanted to test the suspend/resume
functionality with a dedicated SR just for that.

My problem in short is that when I suspend a VM on a different storage than the
one the VPS is located in or the local storage I get the following error on
resume:

The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.  The given
message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message: restore file signature mismatch: has suspend image been corrupted?

I have taken a few lines from xensource.log also after comparing two logs one
that logged a good resume and an other that logged a bad one:

xenops] build_pre domid=75; max=1024 MiB; shadow=0 MiB; required=513 MiB
[20101125T14:15:51.451Z|debug|xcp1|40335 unix-RPC|VM.resume
R:e73c5c4620af|backtrace] Raised at domain.ml:604.8-34 -> domain.ml:673.30-206
-> vmops.ml:713.8-85 -> vmops.ml:782.5-84
[20101125T14:15:51.451Z|debug|xcp1|40335 unix-RPC|VM.resume
R:e73c5c4620af|xapi] Vmops.restore (inner-handler) caught: INTERNAL_ERROR: [
Domain.Restore_signature_mismatch ]: calling domain_destroy

There is not much in xensource.log that may be relevant, I have spent a few
hours analyzing those logs but everything seems ok until the signature error
appears.

I have also manually mounted the VDI that seems to have a bad suspend image,
but everything just seems ok, the image is there, when resuming, the VDI is
mounted ok a.s.o.

Most likely this isn't a bug in XCP since restoring from local storage also
works ok.
I have created two other SRs with the same configuration as the main VM SR and
suspending/resuming doesn't work on any of them.

Not sure if this matters but I have created the SRs on the same hardware, only
the target names are different and the actual location on disk.
My SR also uses ISCSISR and LUNperVDI a lot, but I am not sure if that matters
also.

Offtopic, I have submitted a bug regarding ISCSISR, if someone can confirm if
it was receive I would be glad, it seems I can only send to xan-api (?)
mailinglist.

Best regards,
Tomoiaga Cristian