Re: [Xen-API] RE: [Xen-devel] XCP: request for review a sr driver

To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] RE: [Xen-devel] XCP: request for review a sr driver
From: Tomoe Sugihara <sugihara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:13:25 +0900
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:15:20 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dave,

Sorry for replying late.

On 07/16/2010 11:01 PM, Dave Scott wrote:
Hi,

i think i mostly finished my sr driver for our product.
you can find it at
        http://vastsky.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vastsky/trunk/xcp/

Cool!

How would you like the code to be incorporated? Would it be best to take
infrequent tarball snapshots or to 'svn up' from your repo on every build?

Looking at the driver code I think the only major thing we have to sort out is
the multipath handling. XCP handles multipath in a slightly different way to
standard CentOS. Rather than listen for asynchronous uevents, paths must be
explicitly registered with multipathd -- see mpathutil.py for CLI-like commands.

Thank you for the comment, but could you elaborate on the issue?
[ what's wrong with automatic detection by multipathd? ]

I took a look at mpathutil.py, but I couldn't figure out what you mean.
I think I'm missing how XCP uses multipath, so I'd appreciate your comment.

As we added Eucalyptus EBS support for vastsky, now our code for XCP is at:
http://vastsky.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vastsky/trunk/drivers/xcp/

Best,
Tomoe

Cheers,
Dave

can someone please review the code and consider to include it in
the xcp distribution?  thanks.

YAMAMOTO Takashi