Re: [Xen-API] Building xapi toolstack - new instructions

To: <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Building xapi toolstack - new instructions
From: Magnus Therning <magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:27:51 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 02:28:05 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 02:28:22PM +0100, Jonathan Ludlam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As was pointed out last week or so, the current instructions for building the
> xapi toolstack are woefully outdated.
>
> I've been working on trying to make things a little easier for people to
> hack on xapi, so I've built some RPMs and set up a YUM repository to make it
> a little easier to get going. There is no longer any need to download a
> build appliance VM - the new build environment is based on a standard CentOS
> 5.5 install. I'll update the website shortly with something that looks like
> the following instructions. If anyone has a moment to test this, please let
> me know if it works or not, and I'll update the instructions accordingly.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jon
>
> ===========
>
> First, install CentOS 5.5 32 bit. This has been tested in VirtualBox and
> XCP, but should work under any hypervisor, or indeed on a real machine (!)

I can report that it indeed also works in a CentOS 32-bit chroot (running on a
64-bit Archlinux machine).

Cheers,

Magnus Therning
magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          Jabber: magnusth@eng

There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language
in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs.
     -- Flon's Axiom

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay