RE: [Xen-devel] RE: XCP: first unstable snapshot available

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 18:55 +0100, Nakajima, Jun wrote:
> Ian Campbell wrote on Sat, 17 Jul 2010 at 03:10:04:

> >> Looks like Open vSwitch is not there (unlike XCP 0.5)?
> >  I haven't installed this particular build but I can see the vswitch
> > bits in the root filesystem tarball and the default set in the installer
> > is to use vswitch.
> >
> > Are you getting no networking at all or is it just using Linux bridging?
> Okay, I think it's just that the xsconsole does not show it in the menus. The
> commands like ovs-vsctl work fine.

The xsconsole plugin was part of the out-of-tree openvswitch add-on. Now
that it is integrated into XCP it is no longer required and upstream
asked that we remove it to avoid confusion.

> > What does /etc/xensource/network.conf contain?
> openvswitch
>
> Did we change it from 'vswitch'?

Yes, upstream are trying to use openvswitch more consistently and XCP
followed suit. "vswitch" is still acceptable in this file but
"openvswitch" is preferred.

> So we are good.

Yes, it looks like it is all fine.

Ian.