Re: [Xen-API] Data metrics exported by Xen API

To: "Sane, Abhijeet" <Abhijeet_Sane@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Data metrics exported by Xen API
From: Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:56:58 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 05:56:58 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Abhijeet,

We grab the stats every 5 seconds currently - these values are then taken as
DSs in the spirit of RRDtool, and we use them to create different timescale
archives.

The source that actually grabs the numbers from dom0 is here:
http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/xen-api.hg?file/a8decf9d3bee/ocaml/xapi/monitor.ml

and the RRD stuff is documented on the wiki:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XAPI_RRDs

Hope this helps!

Jon