Re: [Xen-API] pygrub-related question

To: Daniel Stodden <Daniel.Stodden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] pygrub-related question
From: Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:13:12 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Xen-API <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:14:13 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Generally speaking, as far as xapi is concerned, there's no difference between
a VHD backed VDI and any other kind - they all get block attached to dom0 for
any data access. However, IIRC, the HA statefile and the redo log are both
accessed directly - but this would only be enabled if you've got HA turned on.

Other than that, I don't recall that we ever directly touch raw block devices,
though I'll check more thoroughly tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jon