Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] [XCP] new version available

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 13:43 +0000, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The openvswitch is already enabled in XCP?

Yes.

> It could to change some
> call in xapi or in network infrastructure like switches?

If you are asking whether this change will cause an XCP host to try and
configure/manage your physical switches then the answer is no. This
change is purely to replace the Linux bridging implementation used on an
XCP host with an openvswitch based solution.

It doesn't change any XenAPI calls but it does necessarily change the
implementation of the interactions between xapi and host's network
subsystem. Mainly those changes are in ocaml/netdev/netdev.ml and in
things like the interface-reconfigure and VIF hotplug scripts.

Ian.