[Xen-API] About differentiating halted domU and migrated one

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] About differentiating halted domU and migrated one
From: Olivier LAMBERT <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:12:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 03:12:28 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone,

I started to use Xen API couple of weeks ago. I made an interface in
Ajax/PHP/Sqlite, which is really useful to easily manage Xen.

First, I would like to have a list of Halted VM, even if I decide to
stop them : but they disappear of Xen management when I send
"VM.hard_shutdown".

I found a solution, using "xm new mydomain.cfg" vs "xm create mydomain.cfg".

But if using "xm new" solve a problem, there is a new one : when I
migrate a domU on another dom0, the domU stays displayed in the first
Dom0, in "Halted State". But, here is the hard part : It seems to be
impossible to make the difference between a Migrated DomU and a Halted
one. And It's also possible to boot the migrated DomU on the original
Dom0, which leads to 2 same DomU's !

So, my goal is to "hide" a migrated DomU when it's migrated. But, if I
can't differentiate if it's "Halted" or "migrated", I'm stuck.

Maybe I missed something ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Olivier.