Re: [Xen-API] Help with python binding. my simple example

To: Joni Lee <webcokies@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Help with python binding. my simple example
From: Christopher Winslett <christopherwinslett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:44:43 -0500
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:52:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=IzAnL4SC1h+G6oQzWu5kRfy8TUUCiCWKUHZQgaOd8rs=; b=qU5TSdURU2tmkKUFcM+fuAFqXDXA+dS9mlSEeM/5aYwcpbuGQnIt2Y4XxULuWOAv53 m2iDzB8l2Em/7DYiMPeOQvo6FugYN4Cnh2QvLNaNnXx5eVmPNIPLj72/VGBBgasQNcSv fIjCVu4kHINwbd5J/G3hUJheuo1WyLBFdsyEU=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't know that much about Python; however, I did get the Python API to work.  My experience is with Ruby; and I'm not the Xen guy, I'm the developer.

First off, I always have to connect with "https" no matter the port, but try "https://localhost" or the IP address of the XenSource server.
Next, my configuration files for the API are not in a *.sxp file, they are in /etc/xensource/xenapi.conf
It looks like you aren't even getting to the API server.  Python is throwing the error, and not an XML error that you would receive from the API host.

Try to telnet to https://localhost, or https://localhost:8006; just try to get a TCP connection established.

cw