[Xen-API] RE: why not WSDL

To: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] RE: why not WSDL
From: "Aggarwal, Ajay" <Ajay.Aggarwal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:47:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:48:30 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Ian. Could you clarify on " Good language bindings typically do
rather more than just expose the underlying RPCs directly". What "more"
are you hinting here?

And when you say "it easy to generate simple bindings for xml-rpc in
many languages anyhow", do you mean manually or are there some tools to
auto generate them? I am looking at the Java bindings in the SDK and
they look like manually created, but I may be wrong. And if manual, this
work does not seem trivial.

Agreed on the "light weight" aspect of the xml-rpc.

-Ajay