RE: [Xen-API] Xen management API doubts

To: Alejandro Berna Juan <alejandro.berna@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] Xen management API doubts
From: "Dickson, Mike (ISS Software)" <mike.dickson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:24:18 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:24:45 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There’s a field in VIF called ”VM” that should get pass the VM reference for the VM you want to associate it with when you call VIF.create.  So it’s multiple step. You create the VM then associate VIFs and VBD’s, etc. with it.

I’ve worked mostly with Citrix Xen.  If you download their SDK there are some VM creation examples that might help.

Mike