[Xen-API] Question about XenAPI

To: "xen-api" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] Question about XenAPI
From: "pine_tan" <pine_tan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:24:19 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:24:40 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Now I am tring to do some works about Xen management with Xen API. My Xen
version is v3.1.0.

follows is part of my /etc/xen/xen-config.sxp about xmlrpcserver

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes)
(xend-unix-xmlrpc-server no)
(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server-address '')
(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server-port 8006)

I can connect my xen xmlrpcserver with 8006 port with Python code as follows:

from xen.util.xmlrpcclient import ServerProxy

mySP = ServerProxy("http://localhost:8006";)
print mySP.system.listMethods()

It gives me a api list as "xend.domain.*" , "xend.node.*" and others. Yes, it
is OK.
But where is the other APIs as "VM.get_platform" and so on?

I insert a log.info into XMLRPCServer class's run function of
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/XMLRPCServer.py as follows:

# Register Xen API Function
for meth_name in dir(self.xenapi):
if callable(meth) and hasattr(meth, 'api'):
log.info("xmlrpc try to reg. %s as %s",(meth_name, getattr(meth,'api')))
self.server.register_function(meth, getattr(meth,'api'))

After I restart xend using "service xend restart", I can find some api such as
"VM.get_platform" in /var/log/xen/xend.log file.

Then what is the matter? Why my server does no has those APIs?

Another question, how can I config username/passwd for xmlrpc server?

Thanks a lot!

2008-04-05
pine_tan