[Xen-API] Uniqueness of UUID(s) across hosts

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Uniqueness of UUID(s) across hosts
From: Saurabh Garg <saurabh.g.garg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:40:30 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 02:08:19 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm trying to associate some xen api objects, and have some queries on the same. It'll be great if someone can provide some information.

As per the api documentation for Xen 3.1, (API version 1.0), the uuid for an object is guaranteed to be same across multiple sessions. However, if I have a cluster of xen-servers installed, is it guaranteed that there will not be any conflicting uuids across them (for any of the api objects) ?

Also, when I live migrate a vm, will the uuid of the vm (and its associated objects) on the target server be same as they were on the source server.

Thanks,
Saurabh.