Re: [Xen-API] legacy vbds and new vdis

To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] legacy vbds and new vdis
From: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:53:13 +0100
Cc: Xen-API <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 May 2007 02:51:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type:message-id:cc:content-transfer-encoding:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer; b=Ro21gFM3Pah29EJuIYq4TIpEJ4DozE6P3fn9851asGzUOSQpMRRFrpPyfGVOmnSC5DtTJj6pbR4NGT8tzlUEXSp1m+loelCcoRcZMCAUgGxy/mcHanBhU6ydPtrNFFNk/xG84MQWK7yEyC1ubHdIWEI42Z5/mz94SXFQex1G5z4=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you use the new xm which creates stuff via the XenAPI, then a vdi is created. If you look at tools/python/xen/xm/xenapi_create.py theres code that basically already does this, but in xm.

If you want to put this into xend for the old api, then I think that would be fine, but we're going to deprecate and eventually remove the old SXP based interface.

Hope this helps

Tom