Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API Preview Tree

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:42:52AM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:

> xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/08/2006 05:00:13 PM:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have put a tree on Xenbits containing our work-in-progress regarding a
> > Xend that supports the new Xen-API.  You may pull from this tree using
> >
> > hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-api.hg
>
> I will supply a patch for xend to reflect the previously submitted Xen-API
> changes for vTPM support. I want to separate the vTPM support into an
> extra class for having the possibility to extend that class in the future.

How do you expect this to differ from the vTPM support in Xend today?

> After looking at the implementation it looks like virtual machine
> configurations will live on the CIM client side and through a sequence of
> create methods are going to create a VM. Is this correct?

No, not at all.  VM configurations are stored on the server side -- the
appropriate details are passed in to a constructor, and then persisted by Xend
on its side.  What gave you the impression that configurations would live on
the client side?

Ewan.