xci-devel

Re: [Xci-devel] Error: Building XCI

Walter Hofstetter wrote:

Hi,

Hopefully this is not too stupid to ask in that list….

I wanted to build XCI based on the instruction:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XciBuildingInstructions

Unfortunately during the make I’ll get the following message:

HOSTCC extra/locale/gen_wc8bit

extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c: In function 'main':

extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c:377: warning: array subscript is above array bounds

extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c:436: warning: array subscript is above array bounds

extra/locale/gen_wc8bit.c:502: warning: array subscript is above array bounds

  GEN extra/locale/codesets.txt

  GEN extra/locale/c8tables.h

setlocale(LC_CTYPE,"en_US.UTF-8") failed!

make[1]: *** [extra/locale/c8tables.h] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/build/toolchain_build_i686/uClibc-0.9.30'

make: *** [/usr/src/build/toolchain_build_i686/uClibc-0.9.30/.configured] Error 2

In hint what the cause of that could be, very much appreciated!

Hi Walter,

The build environment depends on the locale en_US.UTF-8 to be available on the system.

On a debian system (and hopefully your system too),
the /etc/locale.gen file contains all the locales you want.
un-commenting the en_US.UTF-8 line, and then running
as root locale-gen will make your system able to build properly.

--
Vincent