Re: [Xen-users] XEN Dom0 hangs on boot with linux kernel 3.x

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN Dom0 hangs on boot with linux kernel 3.x
From: Fabiano Francesconi <fabiano.francesconi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 11:20:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:29:42 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=date:from:to:message-id:subject:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=8JWuOZpPz7gIF86/vibC6z7juA7vUCquRgHEb0DpKI0=; b=MwUuuNzkWWA2BgGiPsAYMWcSP1j8CAgi9i+IKQUyepPb6iST5mK67wUnifw2nAmAwC yDrurvRlq2jos3N8EXH8Ri/Yd+A9p/PG0stvLcteTE0c2Pn/RkfUMjlpbC0MHWurFczB EQ1hRRnw6oNg1ePHC/Ud9UZnHo6xnWRQjLMJk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello!
>
> Gentoo user here…
>
> I don't have this problem on my gentoo (I have another one - blank screen
> after KDE has started, etc..). Try to check what I wrote in the following
> post, as regard the kernel configuration, in the Gentoo forum:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6792914.html#6792914
>
> Try and let me know, because, using that configuration it should work!
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Flavio

Hi Flavio,
we're Italian Gentoo users as well (you can find me on #gentoo-it chan @
Freenode).

I reply to you since me and Alessandro have the same issue on both of our
systems.
We own the same machine bought from Abaco Computers.
It runs an Atom Intel 330 processor so, actually, it runs on paravirtualisation.

Your configuration is the same (and mandatory to run a dom0 kernel, to be
honest) and it should definitively work.

The problem is that there is no error during the boot as you can see from the
picture.

We are trying to understand where the problem is but no clue, zero ideas.

--
Fabiano Francesconi [GPG key: 0x81E53461]