Re: [Xen-users] I upgraded, now vms won't start

I'm guessing you've been booting the guest using a Dom0 kernel/initrd. The problem here is that the initrd in particular will be set up for the Dom0 and may or may not be particularly well setup for a DomU.

Since i figured this out, I've been using either pygrub, or copying the kernel/initrd from the guest, so that I can boot each guest with a kernel/initrd built for that specific guest. Well the kernels are stock Debian kernels, but the initrds are specific to the guest.

--
Simon Hobson