Re: [Xen-users] XEN Dom0 hangs on boot with linux kernel 3.x

To: Alessandro Dacroce <adacroce@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN Dom0 hangs on boot with linux kernel 3.x
From: Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 08:33:52 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:36:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 6 November 2011 01:24, Alessandro Dacroce <adacroce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to run XEN 4.1.1 with latest stable kernel sources but,
> unfortunately, the hypervisor hangs on boot without giving an error.
>
> I tried using linux-3.0 as well as linux-3.1 but nothing has changed.
>
> I've been using XEN with 2.6 kernel for almost two years and never had a
> problem.
> What really annoys me is that there are no errors, hence I've no clue on
> where the problem might be.
>
> At the moment I'm running XEN onto a Gentoo machine.
Hello!

Gentoo user here...

I don't have this problem on my gentoo (I have another one - blank screen after
KDE has started, etc..). Try to check what I wrote in the following
post, as regard the
kernel configuration, in the Gentoo forum:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6792914.html#6792914

Try and let me know, because, using that configuration it should work!

Cheers,

--
Flavio