Re: [Xen-users] Centos 5.7 Xen 4.1 AMD 64 from gitco cannot attach usb p

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Centos 5.7 Xen 4.1 AMD 64 from gitco cannot attach usb port to domU windows 7
From: Andy Burns <xen.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:40:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:41:26 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ncDr1slfWYngm8zafctuQJWt3AOPMGxhI70RHa/Oea8=; b=BGCJycKFwXhpBEJzzrRQTfRLMhPpRDD/ud5kImyI+vHz8Tm6GOVEo+PwzrIbiIaNl4 x/WZNJ22G5EyzbBL240RDhdPgliqICZOenhW2QJEXhwfQnTyZgAY82wneOEPf9WBz2gT ne3/oK1bazEaFCsL0wMjWIKcmUpDEcif+3O/8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19 October 2011 20:31, Periko Support <pheriko.support@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just wondering is someone have been able to connect usb memory sticks
> in xen 4.1-gitco running hvm windows 7?
> centos5 kernel-xen does NOT have xen pvusb drivers included,
> This is the problem?

I presume so, I did use gitco's Xen with Centos5.x for a few years,
but only with PCI passthrough, not USB.

Could you try passing the USB host controller through to the domU as a
PCI device instead? You might have to pass other devices sharing the
same PCI bridge with it too...