Re: [Xen-users] Wanted: XCP 1.1 tutorial for creating VMs from scratch u

To: Mark Schneider <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Wanted: XCP 1.1 tutorial for creating VMs from scratch using xe CLI
From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:50:04 -0700
Cc: "M. Schneider" <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:51:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Mark Schneider <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

It is nearly not possible to use XCP without a tutorial, in particular if ones has to use the xe CLI.
Reading of reference.pdf and guests.pdf of XenServer and different wiki pages didn't help enough.

Even *XCP seems to be a very good software* it will be useless without good documentation because of it's complexity.

Thank you in advance for any hints.

Regards, Mark

--
ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark,
  I'm working on a ton of tutorials as well. They'll start showing up soon at http://grantmcwilliams.com/tech/virtualization/xcp-howtos. They weill be similar to my Xen tutorials at http://grantmcwilliams.com/tech/virtualization/xen-howtos.

The first one will not help you much because it's how to add iSCSI target functionality to XCP 1.1. I'll get to other stuff after that.

Grant McWilliams
gplus.to/grant.mcwilliams