[Xen-users] centos 6 xen?

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] centos 6 xen?
From: zGreenfelder <zgreenfelder@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:46:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:47:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys,

I should lurk a bit longer before asking, but I'm getting a bit
frustrated.   it seems that centos 6/red hat6 is working on getting
away from xen, but at this point it's still my preferred hypervisor.
 I found a tutorial at:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial
that suggests it might be workable for centos 6, but when I get to the
point of installing a dom0 capable kernel, I seem to hit a wall with

   git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
linux-2.6-xen

errors out with
  Initialized empty Git repository in /root/kernel/xen/.git/
  fatal: Unable to look up git.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or service
not known)
although ping works and telnet to that host on 9418 seems to get
somewhere.(after some gyrations).

does anyone have an easier way to do this or another suggestion for
getting this version of the kernel?

thanks.

--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.