[Xen-users] domU MySQL not available externally

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] domU MySQL not available externally
From: Jimmy Cullen <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:26:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:28:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am a newcomer to xen and have a problem with MySQL access on domUs. dom0
is Debian Squeeze and two domUs are Squeeze also. I am installing a mail
server on one domU and need MySQL to be available externally, however for
some reason it is blocked, while other services e.g. IMAP and POP3 are
available externally. Example nmap output is given below. I have not added
any rules to iptables.

One possible problem I can think of is that I had installed cacti on dom0
to monitor load etc., which also required MySQL. When I discovered the
problem with domUs not being able to make MySQL available externally I
uninstalled cacti and MySQL, but the problem remains.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jimmy

root@triangulum:~# nmap localhost

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-10-03 18:53 BST
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
Not shown: 994 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
110/tcp  open  pop3
143/tcp  open  imap
993/tcp  open  imaps
995/tcp  open  pop3s
3306/tcp open  mysql

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.15 seconds
root@triangulum:~# nmap 192.168.1.22

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-10-03 18:53 BST
Interesting ports on triangulum.xxx (192.168.1.22):
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
22/tcp  open  ssh
110/tcp open  pop3