[Xen-users] Re: Problems starting xend on Squeeze

Hi all, I'm having the same problem but I can't fix it ...
I tell you how I get this error, maybe there is something wrong in the
process.

I have installed Debian squeeze and have installed the Xen  hypervisor by
running
    aptitude -P install xen-linux-system
    apt-get install xen-qemu-dm-4.0 (to get HVM support)
These commands install a fully functional xen system but I want a jeremy
kernel ver2.6.32.45,
so I download it from source and using the actual .config file I change the
options
    CONFIG_XENFS=y
    CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
    CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS=y
    CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI is disabled (as in
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenVGAPassthrough)

Well after that I compiled and installed it with:
    make
    make install
    make modules_install
    depmod 2.6.32.45
    mkinitramfs -k -o /boot/initramfs.img-2.6.32.45 2.6.32.45
    update-grub

At this moment I have another entry in grub menu which the new kernel and
with xen installed.
Also I can do 'xm list' and see Dom0 is running without any errors so until
here everything is ok.

Now I need to use an specific xen unstable version to apply some patches so
I download it:

    hg clone -r 23350
http://xenbits.xensource.com/hg/staging/xen-unstable.hg/ xen_rev23350

Since here I try first without patches:
-First
    cd xen_rev23350
    make -j4 tools && make -j4 install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=
-Then I restarted and I saw how xend couldn't start normally so I decided to
install also xen and stubdom:
    make -j4 install-xen && make -j4 install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG= &&
make -j4 install-stubdom

After restart the problem persist and xend cannot start, also the command
'xenstored' returns
FATAL: Failed to initialize dom0 state: Invalid argument

I have observed that the directory /proc/xen is empty so I have added the
line 'xenfs /proc/xen xenfs defaults 0 0' to /etc/fstab and have restarted
again,
now I have files in /proc/xen (and 'cat /proc/xen/capabilities' return me
'control_d' so Im running Dom0),
but anyways Xend is not running and xenstored returns me the same error, so
the problem is the same as the other people have here.

I have read 2 things in this thread one is that XEN_EVTCHN must be compiled
like a module but I was running XEN with XEN_EVTCHN=y without errors before
so I think this is not the problem,
the other thing is that "/var is full" well, how can I know if my /var is
full? Despite of dont know if my '/var' is full or not I have try to give it
more space creating a new directory in  '/' (called /varSize) copying the
files from /var to the new /varSize and making a symbolic link
(Because I think that if /var has its size limited it is because of the
system or kernel, so a normal directory like /varSize is not limited in the
same way right?)
Commands:
    cd /
    mkdir varSize
    mv /var /varSize
    ln -s /varSize/var /
I restart the system again and guest what?! the problem persist...

So please help me ^^ I need to fix this as soon as possible.

-----
JavMV