Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Virtualization Test Day for F16 and Xen

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Virtualization Test Day for F16 and Xen
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:03:49 -0400
Cc: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lars.kurth@xxxxxxx, virt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:07:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> So, there's a meta-point here: we currently 'require' Beta releases to
> >> boot as guests on Xen hosts:
> >>
> >> "The release must boot successfully as a virtual guest in a situation
> >> where the virtual host is running a supported Xen implementation"
> >>
> >> I really don't have much knowledge of Xen and haven't followed this
> >> discussion closely, but do any currently-known bugs prevent this? If so,
> >> please flag them up so they can be considered as Beta blockers...thanks!

I filled Bug 740378 - F16: Can't use keyboard when installing F16-Alpha under
Xen (regression) as guest
which is pretty descripting what is below.

Also adding in Jeremy's workaround in it.

Besides that, there is also
738085 - Patch to reduce spurious Xen entries in grub menu

which has a patch to fix the grub2 menu-thingy..