Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] kernel panic in domU

Please don't top-post. See http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/ReportingBugs for
other list-etiquette pointers.

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 03:18 +0100, jinho hwang wrote:

> Thanks for replay. This is my fstab. Do I have to do something else
> for mounting?

Do you have the necessary filesystem for xvda2 either builtin or modular
and loaded in your initramfs?

Are you sure /sbin/init exists in that filesystem? Please mount it in
dom0 and check.

Do you have the necessary personalty to run the binary? For example a 64
bit kernel with a 32 bit userspace will need CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION.
While you have the filesystem mounted in dom0 can you run "file
$MNT/sbin/init" to confirm what sort of binary it is.

Does using init=/bin/sh work for you?

Failing all that perhaps you can use whatever (distro-specific)
mechanism that is provided to allow you to break into a shell in the
initramfs and check out what it is doing, which modules it is loading
etc etc. You appear to be using Debian so I think "break=init" on the
kernel command line will cause you to drop to a shell just before
launching /sbin/init.

If none of this helps please post your guest config file and your kernel
config.

Ian.