Re: [Xen-users] Testing HVM domU SBS2003 virtualization

To: "Bartosz Myszko" <bart.mouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Testing HVM domU SBS2003 virtualization
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:28:23 +1000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 04:29:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is 2003 definitely sp2?

Sent from my iPhone

On 19/09/2011, at 20:22, "Bartosz Myszko" <bart.mouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My target is virtualized SBS2003 on dell PE T410

Now I test xen on my desktop.

Centos 6 as dom0 - kernel: 2.6.32-131.12.1.el6.xendom0.x86_64
from http://xenbits.xen.org/people/mayoung/testing/x86_64/

hypervisor 4.1.1.3
from http://xenbits.xen.org/people/mayoung/EL6.xen/x86_64/

One NIC simple bridge-network configuration

dom0 uses static IP with ISP router as gateway

domU have also static IP with the same router

Bridge created from automatic xen bridge script working

I have internet on HVM DomU... but

on dom0 I have full speed 1.6 Megabytes/s on domU I had only 256 kilobytes/s

When I switch to gplpv windows drivers I get speed boost and now have 450 kilobytes/s

But it's still long way to 100% bandwidth :(

What I do wrong... bridge sounds/looks the simpliest the fastest sollution

I am alone on router and have full speed on dom0 what happen on dom0 in this really simple configuration

I'm scarred that serverr come and I install production environment it will be slow to. Any ideas ?

I try squeeze dom0 with squeeze hvm domU the speed is so slow to (aprox. 256kb/s on domU) :(

I have no idea what can consume bandwidth... dom0 is always at 100% :/

Copying files between domU / dom0 3800 kilobytes/s quite good

It's normal that bridge is so slow on HVM domU

I'm really confused

Sorry for my english