[Xen-users] HVM XVDA or HDA ?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] HVM XVDA or HDA ?
From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 23:18:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:23:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Im trying to get my head round the use of XVDA in the domU config files.

Should we be using that or continue to use hda? Is there any performance increase in using XVDA?

We have a few Windows 2008 HVMs so should we switch the the new disk config?  We are using LVM and file based images by the way.

thanks

Ian