[Xen-users] Booting initrd from PXE over pvgrub fails with Error 25: Dis

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Booting initrd from PXE over pvgrub fails with Error 25: Disk read error
From: Thomas Pöhler <tp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:13:29 +0200
Cc: Felix Feinhals <ff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 07:14:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

we are trying to boot a DomU over the network with pvgrub (not pygrub).
Dhcp is working fine, kernel is loading.
When trying to load the initrd first we get some UDP checksum errors and after
a while of data transfer we get Error 25: Disk read error.

DomU config:

kernel = '/usr/lib/xen-default/boot/pv-grub-x86_64.gz'
extra = '(nd)/menu.lst'
vcpus       = '7'
cpus        = "1-8"
memory      = '2048'
name        = 'pxe-pv-test1'
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr1, mac=00:00:ca:ff:ee:10' ]

cat menu.lst

default 0
timeout 1
title 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
  kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 rw
  initrd /initrd

Does anyone have a hint here? The initrd is customized and 200MB big. Is there
a limit in size for the initrd regarding pvgrub? Or is there any timeout hit?

Regards
Thomas